Financial Additions has partnered with a Financial Services Client in search of a Staff Accountant. Please take a moment to review the job description below and apply. Someone from our team will get back to you withing 24-48 hours.
• The Staff Accountant is responsible for the accounts payable disbursements function which includes invoice receiving, processing a significant volume of payments via companies automated systems, obtaining proper approvals, reviewing payments against valid source documents including contracts and purchase orders, entering vouchers and posting to the general ledger.
• Manage the employee expense report process which includes reviewing required documentation, auditing against firm policy, obtaining appropriate approvals, ensuring accurate coding, and creating journal entries.
• Gather and analyze financial data and assist the budgeting and cash flow forecasting process.
• Create and maintain statistical drivers used to allocate expenses amongst company departments, including in-depth knowledge of the firm’ s complex legal structure to ensure proper allocation of expenses.
• Assist in the management of excess cash through investments in various money market funds.
• Perform various special projects within the Accounting team, including policy and procedure documentation, data analysis, and working with HBK’ s development team to enhance accounting systems.
Required Job Skills
• Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with a GPA of 3.4 or higher
• CPA or CPA candidate encouraged, but not required
• 0-2 years of experience
• Proficient in Excel
• Strong attention to detail. Able to work quickly and efficiently with low error rate.
• Effective time management and organization skills. Must be able to evaluate and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to remain poised and confident when communicating at all levels within the firm.
• Strong analytical skills to assess and solve problems efficiently.
• Show initiative by analyzing a situation, recommending alternatives, and implementing new or enhanced procedures, when necessary.
• Sound sense of judgment
• Healthy level of curiosity
• Self-motivated to succeed