6201 South Freeway
Job Number: 19245
Financial Additions has partnered with a premier company in search of a Sr. Fixed Asset Accountant. This project is scheduled to last 9+ months.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviewing PO requisitions for new capital projects, on a daily basis;
- Manage monthly close functions including general ledger maintenance, setting up close calendars, and running consolidation reports.
- Prepare and post monthly close entries related to but not limited to prepaid expenses, accruals, intercompany transactions, and allocations.
- Complete account reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
- Analyze reconciling activity by performing research and following up with appropriate departments/companies.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and other timely information requests for SEC, federal and state income taxes, and other internal customers.
- Monitor closely open capital projects and prepare accurate reconciliations of general ledger sub-ledger' s relating to open capital projects, on a monthly basis.
- Coordinating all transactional activity for fixed/intangible assets that are purchased, transferred, or retired.
- Depreciation analysis to verify useful lives, depreciation amounts, and trends.
- Prepare accurate reconciliations of General Ledger accounts relating to fixed/intangible assets.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3+ years of fixed asset accounting experience
- Degree in accounting/finance or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Excel – v-lookups, pivot tables, formulas (no macros needed)