14460 Varsity Brands Way
Job Number: 19314
Financial Additions has partnered with a Sports Apparel company to assist them in their search for a Sales and Use Tax Manager. Responsibilities will include the management oversight for sales and use tax regulation compliance, including state and local tax audit defense, management of the department, keeping abreast law changes, use tax review, and return preparation if needed.
Sales and Use Tax Manager Responsibilities:
- Assures compliance with state and local sales and use tax laws.
- Advises management regarding sales and use tax matters.
- Know, understand, and comply with the month end reporting procedures.
- Assist with overseeing department staff.
- Timely completion of sales and use tax audits with government agencies.
- Developing tax positions and providing audit documentation to state auditors.
- Providing guidance to internal business units on sales and use tax issues.
- Recommending use tax accrual processes and collaborating with team members to monitor.
- Keeping abreast of tax law changes and consulting with internal tax counsel on complex tax issues.
- Assist with the maintenance of Vertex tax decision matrix exceptions, rules, and exemption certificates.
Sales and Use Tax Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s Degree
- 7+ years of State and Local Tax accounting experience
- Proficient in Excel, SAP, and Vertex
- Dependable and organized with great attention to detail